3.01.2006

Erase Errata


I've been fascinated/hooked/amazed by Erase Errata, an all female band from San Francisco that's a little bit of post-punk/funk/experimental/no wave/bizarre/something. They "use" atonal sounds and each song sounds really disjointed (sorry I know so little about music) but they almost always have a funkass bassline, sharp guitars and vocals that are spastic.

I think if they laid out their songs on paper one might think that, yes, THEORETICALLY it might work, but actually IT DOES WORK. The more I listen to them, the better they get. If you want to sample check out At the Palace which is more refined than their first full length album, Other Animals.

They are touring in Japan at the moment (surprise) but I really hope they will perform regularly in San Francisco.


Check out some samples from Tower Records (I recommend Ca. Viewing, Go to Sleep, Surprise It's Easter):

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2894188

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home