11.09.2005

Days



Today is the sixth day of the rest of my life... hmm...

I saw Days of Heaven at the Castro Theater on Monday and Malik is a film genius. Film editing was in its infancy back then and the quiet and long takes coupled with the poor acoustics and poor print made for a difficult viewing. I could hear every crunch of popcorn that a person four rows down was eating. Everyone was so seriously quiet. I think it would be better enjoyed in the comfort of my home.

Still, it's a beautiful bitter-sweet film. Although it centers around the characters involved in a love triangle, it's narrated by a young girl who follows them. It gives the film a detached innocence (and makes the ending very powerful). I can't wait to see Malik's The New World.

EDIT 11-11 Obviously The New World will be the best film of 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home