12.20.2006

pshhhhhhhh + LA

I finally took the plunge today and ordered an airbrush spray booth. I hate to admit it but I'm hoping that this will give new life to my modelling hobby. I have at least a half dozen scale models in half built stages because I need to airbrush it before completing the models.

Then I want to create dioramas. Then I want to sculpt figurines of bands like Sleater-Kinney and Erase Errata. Then I want to create dioramas of shows I've been to with details like the stage, what they were wearing, what instruments they were using, and to be most ambitious, the intricacies of each person in the crowd. I found a miniature drum set which is a relief since trying to create a drum set in that small scale would be insane. A bass I can probably pull off but not a drum set.


I'm headed off to Los Angeles tomorrow night. I'm trying to have a meet up of all the LA people from myspace, mostly folks I met from all the s-k shows. Hopefully it will work and we will be talking s-k T_T and whatnot over some Korean bbq (or veggie rice for vegetarians/vegans). Six days might seem long but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. I'm just stressed about Lindsay. My landlord will feed her but she'll be so lonely. T_T T_T T_T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home