1.17.2007

2007 progress report

How's it going?

So far this year I'm feeling a bit confident about things in life:

I'm about to start on my modelling hobby (!). I'm going to start a blog about it here. I got the go ahead to use my holiday present, an airbrush spray booth. This was the one big thing that I had to get to really get this hobby off the ground... or so I say. I do have a habit of buying things as a crutch to "get serious." Only time will tell but still I have a good feeling about it.

I want to get the Erase Errata fan page going. I've been thinking about writing down Ellie's bass tabs and it would be a great way to get this project going. OR Imagine: taking bass lessons from Ellie! eep! *dies*

Do I really want to get back into role playing games? I think so. I went to a minicon at the Endgame last weekend and it was surprisingly fun.

I have to dust off my telescope, more specifically, clean the lens and collimate it. I'm missing all the stuff that's going on in the universe.

The Fender Aerodyne Jazz bass is sadly on hold. I am in so much debt and really, I should be happy and grateful with the Ibanez that I have. Unfortunately, I heard this guy play one slap style at the Guitar Center over the holidays in LA and it was delicious. He was so funky he drew people while he played! I asked him about it and he handed it over and I played a meek and embarassed bassline to "Listen Up!" by the Gossip. But the bass was so smooth and so light. Drool.

oh and finally, maybe, perhaps, my career isn't with art. I know "art" is life in the chessiest sense but realistically, financially, maybe I should just make lots of money and pursue art as hobbies and by making the big bucks I will fund any art I want, myself, bands, childrens, et. al.

grade: B-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home