11.15.2005

I've got this curse in my hands

It looks like my next band obsession might be Sleater-Kinney, specifically Carrie Brownstein. It all started with Sympathy from their One Beat CD, much like Bull in the Heather started it for Sonic Youth. I love the way the two lead singers (Corin and Carrie) interact. When I first heard the song, I really loved Carrie's part but I thought Corin was singing it. It took a minute to realize it was Carrie and that I loved her voice. The rest as they say is... an obsession.

So with this new obsession, I've also started branching out to other similar groups, most notably The Gossip. I saw them at a concert a few months ago and the guitarist/bassist really made me want to pick one up. Good bluesy stuff. It was a night to remember in more ways than one.

So here is the grand chart:

Sleater-Kinney --> makes an appearance in Sonic Youth's music video <-- Kathleen Hannah of Le Tigre appears in Bull in the Heather --> The Gossip collaborates with Le Tigre and they are on the same music label (Kill Rock Stars)... any other connections?

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

never heard of Hot Topic or 99% of the hot topics but I see they mention Cibo Matto!

mmm.. Kathleen Hanna...

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home