5.13.2007

unemployment

After eight years of working at the same job, I got the news last Friday that I am laid off. Although there was a bit of a heads up, it still hit me hard when the time came, mostly because I didn't realize how much time had passed. I came to realize all the little things that I had taken for granted like interacting with clients and mostly of all the friends I made with my co-workers in the IT and facilities department.

Still, I have to see it as nothing but a bitter-sweet ending and a new beginning for hopefully what I really want to do... which I'm still unsure of except to be a roadie for Erase Errata. :P

One thing I know for sure: I will never work for Computer Sciences Corporation, an outsourcing company that should never ever be trusted.

Like I said, bitter-sweet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Slight Male Coyote a life in the day of said...

Hey! this could be the "interesting musical opportunity" Become EE's roadie come over to Europe (when they rescedule) and I'll show ya round, and do some shows.

Seriously though I hope things get sorted for you soon.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Digital Archon said...

Dude, i'm sorry to hear that.

On the bright side, 8 years of experience should get you something sweet that doesn't eat your brain.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home