8.09.2005

Quest for the Cup

Everything is on hiatus, nothing is in progress.

As I was preparing for an exit strategy at work, I realized that I have about 800 megabytes of data that might not be work-related. PDFs, jpgs, Word docs, et.al. 800... I suppose it's not that bad for being there for five years.


I discovered some major old school polyhedral dice recently, and I am in love: Gamescience dice designed by Louis Zocchi. He was a game store owner back in the early days of D&D when TSR included some pretty crappy dice (warning: it's not pretty, also thanks to Kevin Cook, the Dice Collector for the photo) with their games so he developed a process for long lasting and precise results... I'm not entirely convinced, but it doesn't really matter because they look awesome. They are lightweight, but have very crisp edges and the colors are very retro. I got the red, white and green sets and I've been rolling them all day. Yes, it's true, I carry a set of polyhedrals at all times. You just never know when someone on BART (or your local rapid transit system) yells out, "hey, anyone play D&D 3.5?"


overheard on a forum (topic: "What can be saved from green slime?"):

"As a DM once said to our group when we were 'attacked' by green slime and we asked him about a possible resurrection and what remains do we have to work with. He said, 'NOTHING! You're all dead! Roll up new characters!'"

gotta love it. classic killer DM at its finest.


spambin size = about 100/day = some interesting characters:

Picket G. Breastplate
Cyanide Q. Sparser
Woodworm C. Calibrator
Invoking S. Jaywalking
Medieval D. Insole
Shoes G. Firing
God O. Venison
Jim Morrison
Masochism E. Skin
Anaesthetized T. Youth
Farming F. Compulsiveness
Anarchism L. Innocentest
Leewards Q. Gobbledegook
Assembly A. Bundestag
Inhumanity P. Kowloon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home