11.17.2005

T-day

I'm off to Gen Con So Cal and to see my mother for Thanksgiving. I will have extremely limited access to the internet. My mom has one of my old computers (Pentium MMX 200!) but she doesn't even know how to "double click" so it hasn't been touched since oh, '99. I doubt I will be able to blog (blogar) while down there.

I'm looking forward to my first GenCon. I can only take one RPG due to space in my ChocoCat Rolling Travel Bag so it's either Gamma World 1st edition or Basic D&D... I could also run Iron Heroes (PDF) but I know so little about the system.

On a weirdly related note (it's a blog), I used to see both sides of the debate in the music copy rights issue, but after the crap that Sony tried to pull off, I'm pretty much against the music industry... despite this new revelation, I went ahead and purchased The Woods by Sleater-Kinney from Tower Records because they had it on sale for $11.99, the same price as amazon online. I wanted to listen to it during my vacation and a band like Sleater-Kinney I wanted to support... convoluted but there it is.

Finally, I'm planning on spending the downtime watching most if not all of my Antonioni films (Il Grido, L'Avventura, La Notte, L'Eclisse, Red Desert and Blow Up) and the two books on him. Yes, I will have a lot of downtime.

See you all in 9 days and have a great T-day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

I got more rpg books at a local game shop (The Third Planet in Torrance) than at GenCon. I was pretty let down.

If you plan on going to a con in California, go to KublaCon or DunDraCon instead and spend the cash on swag.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home