12.22.2005

Are you ready to rock?


I said are you ready to... what the

Sonic Youth and Hendrix made me appreciate the guitar and now Sleater-Kinney made me take action. I had asked my OG guitar experts Mason, Steve and Chris on a good starter guitar and Fender was mentioned a few times. And just when I was about to pick one up, I saw the Hello Kitty Fender "Strat" Squier on Cute Overload. It was inevitable.

It arrived last night unexpectedly early. What can I say? It's glossy, it's cute, it's badass (more or less). Just look at it!



I thought that it came with a HK pick but alas, being the guitar noob, I misunderstood what came with it. But no matter, I think I saw one online.

I now understand why so many of my friends are obsessed with guitars and the Big Irony is that all that time I've hung out and lived with them I showed little or no interest. Now I know no one who plays the guitar within 1000 mile radius.

Now I'm looking at the accessories/necessities like a case, a strap (the possiblities), amp, some kind of effects thing (I must play Hendrix/Brownstein/Moore distortions ASAP), the pick, strings, etc.

It took me a while to figure out how to tune it and I'm still not sure I got it right. I strummed and picked all night and eventually discovered the scale (the do reh mi stuff) which was very cool but it was getting late and even without an amp, it can get noisy. oh and I can play the "G" chord which my friend Mason taught me years ago and I actually remembered it.

It's so glossy... and the weight feels really nice.

I almost got the pink one. almost.

8 Comments:

Blogger robertsjf said...

Man, does the pink one come in a short scale bass? If so, you and I could have the coolest girl band, Sprue.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Did you see the black Badtz-Maru bass?

http://www.fenderhellokitty.com/images/hellokittybasssmall.jpg

7:36 PM  
Blogger robertsjf said...

Sweet Jesus! Now we just need a name!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Sanrio needs to make a drum set.

8:42 PM  
Blogger robertsjf said...

Or we could just get the super sized decal set and do it ourselves.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Make it Chococat!

How about "Syrupy with rhyme"?

12:25 PM  
Blogger robertsjf said...

Nope. What else?

7:36 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Adeptus Mechanicus?

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home