12.05.2005

ok that was super stupid

jpg courtesy of http://www.grandiose.com

argh, I almost got into some old fashioned fisticuffs today on my way home, kind of. It's been a pretty lousy week and it was not fun to go into work today (as a barista at Starbucks said, "you look tired Andy."). The day went surprisingly fast and still I couldn't wait any longer to go home. I left work on time on time unusual as I almost always leave 30 minutes early.

On the way home on the MUNI (M-line) I realized that I had left my home keys at work (I've done this once before when I eargerly went home to go see my then 3 month old kitty Lindsay and all I could do was look at her through a window) and promptly got off at the Powell exit. I switched trains to go back to the office and as I waited for the passengers to exit, a particular 60 year old white male remarked to "get the fuck out of my way" He like myself must have been having a bad day, but unfortunately for the both of us, I was in his way.

I instinctively and foolishly shoved him and the direction was towards the tracks. He lost his blance for a second and of course this started off a chain reaction where now he was ready to fight.

I've never really been this close to throwing punches, and I have to admit it was scary because I could actually imagine thowing fists at him. I took my headphones off (I was really looking forward to listening to Sleater-Kinney's Let's Call It Love) and he threw down a folder he was carrying.

We feinted so that the other would throw a punch first. Then he called me a "chinaman" which instinctually made me kick his folder on the floor which flew all over the station. I guess this pissed him off instinctuall equally since he swung a punch at me and I was surprisingly able to dodge. Of course this only made me want to fight more (cause it looked so easy), but then I could tell he (and I) started getting nervous as he stated that despite being 60 years old he could take me. I could imagine his glasses being smashed into his face and his hearing aid shooting out of his ears as I landed my punch. We tried to provoke each other for a few more seconds. What flashed through my mind was "jail time" and "death and/or serious injury." He eventually called me a "faggot" at which point I decided the whole this was beyond ridiculous.

I stepped into the train (the driver was right in front of us the whole time with the doors open) and asked the conductor to call the cops or something at which point the door closing chime rang and we left the station. He never responded to me. Only a passenger asked, "what happend?" Of course I didn't reply.

That's about it, oh the guy gave me the finger as we left the station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home