1.09.2006

everyone is a freakin' dj

Being the consummate consumer and collector that I am, I had to buy something S-K in PDX and I did. Apparently Portland has a noticeable vinyl scene and so I picked up a few of their "records"















When I returned to SFO I started an Amoeba Music habit which led to this:















a cheap Radioshack turntable, on sale for 69 dollars and 99 cents, hooked up to my pre-amped speakers for my computer. I asked Steve how much a Technics turntable cost and he said the standard is 400-500 dollars new. Forget it. This will do just fine and it does. In fact, I'm reminded of that "classic" argument about CD vs. vinyl for audio quality and I almost believe that vinyl does sound cleaner and fuller.

Anyways, I am able to listen to all the B-sides and dance remixes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home