1.17.2006

out of control


I've been buying music like crazy. Purchases made in the last week ((v) indicates vinyl):

White Stripes - White Stripes <- haven't heard yet
The Clash - London Calling <- haven't heard yet
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute <- so far not to my taste
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew <- Spanish Key: Jesus Zombie Christ on a pogo stick!
Sonic Youth - Dirty (v) <- I have the regular cd and this one kicks even more ass (the deluxe edition)
Excuse 17 - Such Friends Are Dangerous (v)<- Carrie had her riffs even back then
Introducing Cadallaca - no title (v) <- Two Beers Later
Stereolab - Refried Ectoplasm [switched on volume 2] (v) <- those wacky Stereolabbers. beautiful vinyl.

I guess I've been compensating for my all or nothing relationship with music and it's been at least 4-5 years since I've been this into music. I'm totally fascinated by something so mechanical and abstract that can affect us on an emotional level. And yet I often find myself unable to identify with music as a communal medium (pop music?). Anyways, it's a lot of fun to try to play the guitar parts while listening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home