1.11.2006

cough cough

I called in sick yesterday. I was, wait for it, sick of work.

I woke up around 9am and just lay there for a bit... yup. I had a good photo of me from my bed with my camera pointed at the window. But it looks like the net or I ate it up.
But I do have a photo of the camera I use since I get so many comments about what camera I use for my amazing photos. One of the perks of work is this phone/camera thing. yesirree


coffee + soup + tower records

I actually got up around 9AM which means I could have still gone into work and just lost a few hours but by now I was pretty angry about dealing with work so I decided it was worth the day off. I moseyed onto to Pete's Coffee and got my usual medium Americano with room. I then moseyed again to the Harvest Market few stores down and got myself a tomato vegetable soup which was fairly mediocre but it was my day off so it was just fine. I sat down outside to eat and stared at the Tower Records across the street. So, get this, I moseyed yet again this time Frogger-style to Tower Records and checked out some stuff.


laundry

I got home (didn't get nothing) and did some laundry.


Amoeba + guitar strap!

I went to a guitar store on Haight (where I previously had picked up a 10w Marshall's amp and two picks, one blue one yellow (go blue), and a 15' cord) and saw this awesome camo cloth strap with a US insignia (I think the star and bars one). It would be such a rockin' contrast to my HK guitar but not 58 dollars rockin'. So I ended up with a superplain black nylon one (see in photo below). That's cool I'm not performing at the Fillmore anytime soon.

I sauntered over to Amoeba and a few minutes inside someone approached me and told me that I had to check my "bag." I wish I had taken a photo of it because this alleged bag is about the size of my palm but fair enough, as I head up front to the bag check-in, I can hear walkie talkie all around me talking about me carrying a bag. damn, I mean Amoeba probably has a lot of theft but it really looks like their security budget could be pretty high.

I picked up a few good stuff: CD: Quasi (featuring birds) and Bratmobile (Ladies, Women and Girls) vinyl: K.D. Lang (Ms. Chantelane remix), the Gossip + Le Tigre (Standing in the Way of Control 12").

Later on I went to Barnes and Noble with Alecia and we got there 10 minutes before they closed. What book store closes at 9PM??? Alecia guessed that it was the neighborhood (it's near the wharf).

Later that night I installed the strap and rocked out. Playing while standing is actually kind of nice. Photo includes me writing out the chords/riffs or whatever of various songs on S-K's Dig Me Out album. I broke the plastic wrapping on it because the phonograph with it's cue function is actually quite useful for notations.

In other news my ipod won't sync and I still have to write up my final installament of my trip to PDX.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home