1.13.2006

ifret

I usually rock out with my air guitar on my way to work and today I realized that my mini ipod's width is almost the size of a fretboard and my Radioshack headphone cord is pretty long so I have to wrap it around...

rock. out. I can actually check my fingering now on my air guitar.

So far I've figured out the basic riffs or melody or whatever to these songs:

Jumpers
Everything ("bassline" only)
John Cage Bubblegum
Turn It On
Modern Girl
Ballad of a Ladyman
Was It a Lie?
Jenny
purr

It's interesting how simple they are (again I'm not talking about the whole thing or the riffs, more I guess the rhythm) usually a combination of three or four notes. What is difficult is to move my finger(s) as fast as in the songs.

For me there are two major revelations about playing the guitar: 1.each fret has a fixed note. 2.the relationship between the strings allows me to take shortcuts instead of sliding up and down the entire fretboard, I can move up or down the strings.

I'm still wobbly on the technical stuff, but it's getting clearer and I really should nail things like these down soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home