6.26.2006

pink

Yesterday was Pride 2006. It felt a bit more low key than the past couple of years but that may have been because I was watching the parade from the end of the route. Most of the floats with a sound system wasn't playing any music like they usually do towards the middle of the route. And a very old juice drink or something exploded near me which sounded like a small bomb (my eardrums were ringing). I say very old because the next five minutes after it smelled like sulfur, ugh.

After the parade I eased on over to the festival area where I was determined to find some meat on a stick, the staple of all outdoor events. Sure enough there were at least a half dozen vendors offering this. I ended up getting bbq chicken on a stick. I am never eating meat on a stick again.

I heard Jennifer Beals speak. She was treated like a goddess with bodyguards and people surrounding her but she gave a brief and feel good speech about what it means to be on the L-Word. ok good enough, on to the dance areas.

I found the only one I would like way off about two blocks from the main area. "Trance Tantra" stage. uh huh. But I do like dancing to trance. It was hot and I was feeling pretty tired, maybe that's why I only danced for 20 minutes or so. or maybe trance is becoming more predictable to me, or maybe it was the djs.

Overall, it was fun but I have to admit I wasn't quite in the mood that day.

2 Comments:

Blogger onebeat said...

"or maybe trance is becoming more predictable to me, or maybe it was the djs."

Or maybe Sleater-Kinney made everyone else sound like crap.

Next year I vote for you to be DJ. You should have your own dance area and play your feminist songs in your tweed jacket and Pumas. Wow, so cool.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

*That* is the perfect idea for the jacket I wanted! (except it's a seersucker not tweed)

I really need to get on that dj thing. It's an untapped market I tell ya!

As for trance, I don't know maybe I've grown out of it but yeah no doubt of s-k's influence on me.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home