7.10.2007

Network Engineer

Whew, I finally got a job. I started the day after the Fourth of July and it was my fourth day at work today. It's for a small company (about 60 employees) called Certain Software. I think the best part is that I have a new title but it's only because they don't have a help desk or a PC technician. Basically I along with three others do all of that as well as telecom, information security and hopefully, server administration.

The downside is that it's temporary with the possibility for a permanent position. Still, it pays much better than my previous job so I can't complain. Because of the uncertainty, I have to keep looking for a job but it would be ideal if I was offered a permanent position. It's close to home (about a 20 minute public transit commute), the people are nice (and hot), and again, it pays very well. I have to remain optimistic but at worse, now I'm up to the "market price" of my field which means more toys and shows.

1 Comments:

Blogger Slight Male Coyote a life in the day of said...

Nice, Hot, Toys, Shows.
4 GREAT words
Seriously though, hope it goes ok and they keep you on.
On the plus point it's always easier to get a job when you're in a job. Good luck.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home