2.21.2008

2008 = Best Year Ever


It's not even March and it's already the best year I've ever had. I'm not sure why this is but everything has been clicking this year. It all started with one of the best shows of 2007/2008, Von Iva at the Bottom of the Hill on New Year's Eve and just kept running on all cylinders.

I love my job. I've been given more responsibilities and the people I work with are great. Getting laid off from CSC was one of the best things to happen to me.

I love my cats and they are healthy... well, Lindsay is having a hard time adjusting to Venus and I'm afraid the mental damage is permanent. But who knows I haven't given up hope entirely. Let say in 3-5 years she'll warm up to her.

I love Von Iva. This is the hot band of 2008. Kori and I've been to six (!) of their shows including the NYE show and each time, it becomes the best show of the year. Other then them, I've seen Erase Errata, Lemonade, Thunder Thighs, et.al and they have all been great.

And of course I love my friends and family. I need to reach out a bit more without being annoying... Whatever that means.

The last would be the drinking and smoking... it's one part of my life that I need to cut but no luck yet. Still, I think this will be the year for moderation concerning this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Slight Male Coyote a life in the day of said...

Well I hope it stays this way for ya. Couldn't send some goodness this way could you? not been great here so far only one show I could say was really great (LV) only one new band discovery so far. It's cold and depressing, though putting a brave (British) face on it for now. Spring is round the corner, I'm off to Stockholm in 4 weeks catching Kristins convention the night before. So looking up!!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home