9.14.2005

Ebay and the aftermath

I did pretty well with my two part Ebay auctions.

The first part was with my unwanted role-playing game books and I held that about three weeks ago. TOTAL: $130.

I just completed my second part of my Ebay auction and it was all the Games Workshop minatures that had been collecting both the proverbial and literal dust. TOTAL: $720.

damn. This means, one, I had been hoarding a lot of stuff. Two, it's a lot of money but it's actually a fraction of the initial investment. I'm going to say I recuperated about 60-70% of the cost. There are fanatical gamers out there. And three, $$$!

The funniest part is that I actually made some money on the miniatures because way back, Games Workshop prices were much less even just 4 years ago (this is one of the most sour points about GW as a company by even the most loyal fans: they raise prices like clockwork with phoney reasons for doing so) AND there were many online retailers offereing discounts on quantities (another big sourpoint, GW stopped retailers from selling their products online because of some crazy "Intellectual Property" rights issue).

Regardless... I WIN! I got some cash to pay off my credit cards and I continue my PURGING.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home