8.26.2005

In the Mind of a Bourgeois Reader

A classic MUNI story:

Couple of days ago, I was riding the MUNI underground. I was going home during lunch so there was almost no one on this particular car. In fact, there was me and this one other man listening to his music and reading a magazine.

The train stops at Powell or Civic Center or Van Ness and I could see this other man waiting to get on the train, dancing in place. Dancing like he was not quite right. He gets on at the far end away from where we are sitting (see diagram) and begins wobbling towards us. and lo and behold, where does he sit?

Right next to the person enjoying his music and book. Not near him, or one seat over, right next to him. He gives the man a WTF look and immediately gets up and sits somewhere far away.

btw, I love to point out the fact that MUNI underground cars are built by Pininfarina, the same coachwork firm that builds your Ferraris.

in other news...

So I'm finally a Ebay seller. I've been a buyer for over 5 years now and because of my recent hobby of purging and organizing, I've picked up this new hobby.

L@@K!!!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZngc1024QQhtZ-1

... and it l@@ks like no bites.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

It was just funny being the observer especially because there was no one else on the train. I have another great one and I'll post about that soon. It's even better.

Sometimes the interaction can be positive as you will see.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home