9.01.2005

Gaming ADD

I suffer from what is commonly known amongst the role-playing gamer's circle as "Gaming ADD." This is when one purchases games and continue to purchase games without ever having played any of them. And then go back to the games that were put aside while adding more items to the e-cart.

I have been calling it "collecting" and "research" because it puts my mind at ease but because I believe that gaming books can and should be bought just for the pleasure of reading. Imagine if Tolkien wrote all of the characters like Frodo, Golem, Gandalf and places like Mordor, that elf forest ( :-o ) but left out the plot. I usually came up with the plot and what-ifs in my... ok you get the idea.

SO, I decided to take on the challenge of grubman's experiment. A daring task of focusing on a single role-playing game and sticking with it for 101 days. I have chosen Dark Sun, one of my favorite settings of all time (yes until infinity. I'm predicting that, yes.).

So until that time, I am moving all discussions of role-playing games to that blog and besides I would only be able to talk about Dark Sun (remember grubman's experiment).

Wish me luck and see you on the other side (WAIT! I will still post other mindless things on this blog).

(click on image to transport to Athas)

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Of all the books in my collection, the only one I've run since my golden years (about 15 years ago) is... D&D.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home