7.19.2006

I'm not Gordon

There is a really good co-worker at... work. He has great work ethics, hard working and professional. He's also very friendly. He works in facilities so he's the guy for replacing toners, moving furniture and all yr other facility needs. His name is Gordon.

I work in tech support. I fix computers and install gadgets. My name is Andy.

We are both asians of the same height and build. We are both in support roles.

One time, this older lady, who isn't exactly the sharpest person I know always confused us. She would call Gordon, Andy and Andy, Gordon. Gordon told me a few others have done this as well. Today, I waited for the elevator to my floor. A client who I consider to be sharp and well informed also walked up to the elevator. I said, "Hi Karen!" and she said, "Hi Gordon!"

Here is why it's just bizaare when people make this slip up:



As I mentioned int he intro setup, we have simlilarities but please look at the graphics above again and ask yrself: "how?"

UPDATE: Not more than 5 hours since I posted this, I was setting up a laptop for a meeting, and someone leaned over and started to ask me a question with, "Gordon..." I couldn't help but stop him, laugh and say (holding up three fingers in each hand), "Andy. I'm Andy. You know you are the third person to call me that today (ok so I lied)!" I could tell he was embarassed and he really wanted to ask Gordon something. So at least he knew who did what... I think. damn. wtfbbqonastick?!

1 Comments:

Blogger onebeat said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

OH MAN, GIVE ME A FEW MINUTES TO STOP LAUGHING.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home