7.25.2006

and now my cat story

I took Lindsay to the vet today. I asked for "sick time" at work because I haven't used hardly any of it (we are allotted an X amount of hours each year) and since my manager is an animal lover (he has three dogs and one cat) he understood that pets = doctor's visit he let me leave early today.

I had made an appointment about three weeks ago after receiving a cute postcard reminding me that Lindsay is due for a checkup (a "FVRCP 3 YEAR").

I waited at the bus stop with Linds in her carrier and as I was boarding the bus, the driver told me that Lindsay counted as a passenger in regards to fares.

Think about that for a minute.

Then think about how I had to pay an ADULT fare for Lindsay and I didn't have the exact change of $1.50 so I had to put two $1 bills without getting back 50 cents. He said that "he wasn't pulling my leg that it was written in the policy" at this point, I already had a rough day so didn't want to argue but in the half dozen times that I took Lindsay in the carrier, not once did ANY driver ask to pay for her. The passengers were just as incredulous as I was.

It doesn't matter, it was almost worth it for Lindsay's transfer ticket alone:


For some reason, of the many times I've brought Lindsay to the SPCA hospital she always seems most relaxed around Dr. Goh. So I specifically made an appontment with her and sure enough, Lindsay was totally relaxed after only a few minutes. It could be that she has two cats of her own. I addressed the following concerns:

she drags her butt
she doesn't eat dry food anymore
she doesn't drink water anymore
she made this fan-like noise
she pees at the edges of the litter box
she has really bad plaque on her teeth

Dr. Goh checked her out and gave her a vaccine but said there was nothing too unusual and made a few recommendations for Linds. In fact, she thought her fur was nice, shiny and healthy.

So it seems that Linds is good for a bit. whew.

1 Comments:

Blogger onebeat said...

Awwwww, too cute!

The bus thing is ridiculous, but the picture is perfect!!

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home